Updated: March 2016
The DG Digital Coupon Program (”Program”) gives Dollar General Corporation (“Dollar General”) shoppers access to digital coupons which can be added to the shopper’s Dollar General digital coupon account. Users can redeem such digital coupons by entering their phone number at the Dollar General store register during check-out. In addition, customers will have the option to receive an Email or SMS (text message) receipt for their transaction.
- Eligibility. By accepting these Terms through your use of the Program, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Account Registration. You must create an account to access the Program. If you create an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information. You also agree to update your account information in the event any of your information has changed. You may not enter or use an email address or phone number owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not enter or use an email address that is offensive, or otherwise violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person. Failure to comply with the terms of this paragraph shall constitute a material breach of these Terms, which may result in a rejection or immediate termination of your account. Dollar General reserves the right to cancel, in its sole discretion, any customer account at any time. You further agree that Dollar General can restrict or terminate your access to the Program, use of your username and password, and any other component of DollarGeneral.com at any time and for any reason.
- Account Security. Your account shall be for personal non-commercial use only. You are responsible at all times for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are fully responsible for restricting access to your computer and all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you authorize such activities.
- Electronic Communications. Users of the Program will have the option to receive receipts for in-store purchases through automated emails or SMS (text) communications. These services are automated and can be TURNED ON/OFF HERE. By agreeing to these Terms, you consent to receive all electronic communications related to the Program.
- Indemnity. As a condition of the use of this Program, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Dollar General, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees from and against any claims, actions, demands, suits, costs, losses, liabilities, damages, investigations or inquiries, judgments, costs and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees arising out of or otherwise relating to: (i) your access and/or use of this Program, or your inability to access or use the Program, (ii) any breach by you of these Terms, (iii) the infringement or other violation by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or (iv) any services rendered by Dollar General or its contractors in conjunction with the Program or use of the Program.
- Limitation of Liability. You agree that Dollar General will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Program or any information, content or services offered through the Program, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages. These limitations apply to all losses and damages of any kind. Your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the Program.
- No Warranty. Dollar General makes no guarantee that the Program will function as intended or be error free.
- Class Action Waiver/Miscellaneous. These Terms supersede any prior or contemporaneous agreements between you and Dollar General. These Terms, and the relationship between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the City of Nashville, Tennessee. You further agree that any cause of action initiated against Dollar General relating to these Terms shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then you and we nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect. The language of these Terms shall be construed as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Program is in conflict with these Terms, these Terms shall take precedence.
Before USE of the DGDCP please refer to and review the full Dollar General Terms and Conditions and Coupon Policy
Updated: March 2016
- Important Information Regarding Use of the Website.
- What information is collected by Dollar General?
We may collect “Personally Identifiable Information” that you provide when you interact with us, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number. Some examples of when Personally Identifiable Information is collected are when you:
- Make an online purchase, return, exchange or request information about our products
- Create an online account on the Website or the digital coupon platform, or sign up for e-mails or mobile text messages regarding special offers;
- Engage with Dollar General content through third-party social networking sites. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit via these sites;
- Participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes; or
- Provide us with comments or suggestions through the Website.
Each time you visit the Website, the web server may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect include:
- Your internet service provider’s address, browser and reference site domain name;
- Cookies to recognize when you are shopping on the Website; and
- Beacons to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our Website were effective.
- Does Dollar General disclose or sell my Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties?
Dollar General does not sell or rent your Personally Identifiable Information. Dollar General only shares information collected through our Website as set forth fully in Section 7 below. These companies are contractually restricted from using, selling, or disclosing information except as may be necessary to provide their specific services to Dollar General and are bound to agreements to protect your information and only use it on Dollar General’s behalf.
- How do you use my Personally Identifiable Information?
We will use your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Website;
- To advise you of promotions, sales or other special opportunities, such as digital coupons offers; and
- In connection with an employment application you have submitted.
If you have created an account on our Website, you have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to your friends. In order to accomplish this, you must provide your friend’s name and e-mail address to us. We only use your friends’ information to send them product pages you request that they receive.
- Does Dollar General collect Personally Identifiable Information of children?
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personally Identifiable Information about children under the age of 13. Dollar General is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete the information from our records. If you become aware of any Personally Identifiable Information we collected from children under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who are the third parties to which Dollar General may disclose my Personally Identifiable Information?
By accessing our Website, you are authorizing Dollar General to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To our affiliates, selected product vendors, trusted partners with whom we have a business relationship in order to address a product concern, or to notify you of special offers and promotions relating to such companies’ products available through Dollar General;
- To our third-party service providers (and their affiliates and service providers) who manage a particular operation and its services (e.g., electronic commerce, digital coupon platform). Examples of the services performed by these third-party service providers include:
- payment processing and authorization;
- fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- order fulfillment and shipping (shipping information will be shared with delivery service providers (U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or other delivery companies we or you select);
- marketing and promotional material distribution.
- To those within our organization with a business need to know.
- Targeted Advertising
- What security does Dollar General use for information collected from me?
Dollar General and our third-party service providers use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to secure your Personally Identifiable Information.
Although we work to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you should be aware that no technology is perfect and that there is always some risk involved in transferring data over the Internet, particularly if you send information to us through an unsecured means, such as e-mail.
- How do I review the information Dollar General has collected on me?
Information for Accounts Created on Our Website
- If you have created an Online Shopping account on our Website, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link.
- Information provided to DG Digital Coupons is available in the Settings area of the DG Digital Coupons Webpage or with your eReceipts.
Information Retained in our Active Databases
- If you would like to review or correct any Personally Identifiable Information we have retained about you in our active databases, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com.
- All such e-mail requests must be written in the English language.
Information You Provided in Connection With A Promotion or Sweepstakes
- If you wish to update Personally Identifiable Information you have provided in connection with a promotion or sweepstakes, please consult the Official Rules of that promotion or sweepstakes.
Information Relating to Services Provided by Our Service Providers
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by one of our service providers, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us for that information by submitting an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I opt out of Dollar General programs?
- If you receive an e-mail from Dollar General relating to any offer or promotion and wish to be removed from future e-mail contacts, you will have the option to do so by selecting a link located within that e-mail.
- If you select not to receive future e-mail solicitations, the only future e-mail communication you will receive from us will be in response to questions from you or to resolve any customer service issues you may have reported or other direct business related matters.
- If you would like to remove yourself from Dollar General Text message service, reply “STOP” to an incoming message or send the word “STOP” to 34898.
- If you would like to stop eReceipt service, you can do so in the settings area for DG Digital Coupons.
- If you would like to remove your Digital Coupon account, visit: http://www.dollargeneral.com/dcfeedback.
- California Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. At this time, we do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” (DNT) systems that would allow us to respond to such browser “do not track” signals.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request and receive information regarding the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information by Dollar General or any of our affiliates to a third party for its direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information can be made by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing us at: Dollar General Corporation, 100 Mission Ridge, Goodlettsville, TN 37072, Attn: Marketing Department.